Unemployment Warning Issues for Wales
Unemployment across Wales could rise to 20% in the coming months, a recent news report has been able to suggest.
Wales’ most influential thinktank, the Bevan Foundation, is warning that unemployment across Wales could rise to 20%. The stark forecast comes as support for thousands of workers via the Job Retention Scheme and Self Employed Income Support Scheme winds down. The forecast increase is on top of a record rise in the number of benefit claimants last month and an influx of school-leavers and graduates onto the jobs market over the summer.
The thinktank also finds that jobs are already being lost in Wales due to the pandemic, and that earnings have fallen as many employers have not ‘topped up’ furloughed workers’ earnings. On average, the lowest paid fifth of employees are nearly £50 a week worse off while the second lowest fifth are £77 a week worse off.
With so many employees losing their jobs, having a very secure and sturdy security solution in place is really a must.
From the control of a single internal door through to a fully computerised, multi-site network of control points, a Tensor Access Control System is the solution.
Operated by contactless smart cards, key fobs or biometrics, a Tensor Access Control System gives you full control over who is allowed access through any controlled point at any time of any day, placing it at the forefront of security solutions.
Tensor Access Control Systems are modular in design, and can be adapted and extended to integrate with a time and attendance system seamlessly and without complication.
The WinAC.NET system will adapt easily to your specific security environment, whether you need to secure a large, multi-site facility, or a smaller installation with a few doors. In fact, the Tensor Access Control System’s modularity allows it to easily scale up as your operations grow.
With WinAC.NET and Tensor’s range of readers, you can control most standard types of internal and external electronic, magnetic door releases and devices, making full use of location points, whether in full view or hidden out of sight, providing access even in the most adverse conditions.
An extensive range of equipment, devices and releases can be connected to your security network, which can be operated through your access control software including:
• alarms and hooters
• break glass buttons
• door locks
• door release buttons
• electro-mangnetic door locks
• fingerprint readers
• CCTV cameras
The WinAC.NET includes a wide range of time and money-saving features, such as:
• Access Control Profiles easily created or customised to suit your particular site, and can be varied minute-by-minute
• Real Time (near) graphical display shows doors being opened / closed, those with alarm status set and forced entry
• Doors may be configured to open automatically on fire alarms and lock automatically on burglar alarms
• Anti Pass Back facility limits the same card being used by more than one person
• CCTV Tracking of video clips showing “evidence quality” footage of forced entries, alarm events, users of Smart Cards gaining access or being denied
• Door/Barrier Access can be limited depending on the persons’ roll call status
• Resilient System keeps running even when certain cables are cut or damaged or PC networks fail
• Sensor Monitoring to detect forced entry
• Audit Trail showing who gained access (or denied) at any location at any time
• Biometric dermal fingerprint reading for maximum security and personnel authentication
• Hardware Device Manager allows easy adding & editing of hardware device profiles
With our Access Control Software you can be assured that you will receive a simple to use, highly secure way of controlling access to areas or buildings, as well as monitoring who is present 24 hours a day.
Additional features are available for the WinAC.NET Business/Enterprise editions which can be implemented on your access control system to take into account diversity with access rules between individual organisations.